Monday 2 April 2012

Spring Adventures #1 : Damsels in DC...


Part of the reason I didn't fill the first few weeks of my holiday with manic procrastinatory blogging and flickr-ing is because I was swiflty jetted off to spend 10 amazing days in Washington DC to stay with my lovely friend Rachel and a few of her relatives. I feel incredibly lucky that I was able to go, the weather was beautiful and it's an incredible city full of art and books and cakeshops and history and everything that I enjoy. We spent the first few days just wandering the city to get to know it a bit rather than heading straight for the sights. And so glad I did as it is such a gorgeous place! We both fell in love I think. Doing homage to the holiday requires a fair few posts, so I apologise in advance, but here is Blackberry Horse's 'Best of DC'


 
Although this took place on the 6th day of our trip, I feel like I have to start with our tour of the Cherry Blossom round the Tidal Basin, as this is apparently a big deal. Due to the unseasonably good weather (hurrah!) it was all out early on Sunday. It was packed by late afternoon, but it was lovely to see families (and the odd politician) enjoying the sunshine and the trees. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a beautiful pictures!
    This spring I'm going to America for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these trees so much...

    ww.afrenchinlosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete