Monday 25 July 2011

That familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer...

From F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby - in a lovely little passage that sums up my excitement at the shiny new summer weather we suddenly have;
    
"And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer. There was so much to read, for one thing…"

And in the spirit of this, I've had a wonderfully lazy day sat in the garden and finally getting into some books I've been meaning to read for a while now, finishing Spenser's The Faerie Queene and about half of Kerouac's On the Road. Ever so slightly different reads, but I'm loving them both. Hope you've all been having a lovely sunny day! 
Here's some music that really gets me in the mood for jewel bright days and balmy evenings...Enjoy!


And a song that never fails to get me in a happy sunny mood (and is incidentally very good to jog to) as well as being in one of my favourite films 
 

2 comments:

  1. oh yes i love beirut! i'm going to see him in october :) i like au revoir simone as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Great Gatsby. That Hall and Oates song always makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete